Update from the “Re-Opening Committee” | January 12th, 2021
Our reopening committee continues to monitor the status of the COVID-19 positivity rates, CDC/state/local guidelines, and vaccine progress to make decisions on providing a healthy and safe reopening environment for our church and community. On-campus worship and ministry activities continue to be postponed until further notice due to the high rates of COVID-19 positive cases and hospitalizations in AZ.
We invite you to join our virtual worship services (fcbcphx.org) and Bible Studies/Fellowships. We look forward to meeting together in person when it is safe to do so, but in the meantime, please feel free to request prayer, ministry support, or information by contacting the church office. Please continue to pray for the safety and health of our healthcare workers, teachers, and our congregation. Also, pray for an effective vaccine rollout.
In accordance with public health guidance, we encourage everyone who is able to get vaccinated to do so, as this is one of the most powerful tools to stop COVID-19.
Maricopa County has moved to Phase 1B priority distribution for the much anticipated vaccine. As Phase 1A included Healthcare Workers and those in Long-Term Care Facilities, Phase 1B includes the following: Education & Childcare Workers, Protective Services, Adults 75 years and older, Other Essential Services/Critical Industry Workers, and those with High-Risk Conditions Living in Congregate Settings. Beginning Tuesday, January 19th at 9:00am, Phase 1B registration will also be available for Adults 65 years and older.
If you are eligible under Phase 1B prioritization, we encourage you to register and make an appointment for vaccination by visiting: https://podvaccine.azdhs.gov/. It is a two-step process that includes creating an account and making an appointment. See bottom of this email for helpful hints.
If you or someone you know needs assistance in making an appointment, please let our church office staff know and we will assist you in the registration process.
This vaccine distribution is getting us one step closer to returning to in-person gatherings as a church family. We continue to seek the Lord’s guidance and wisdom to safely reopen and transition back to our church campus. May God bless you and keep you safe!
In His Service,
FCBC Reopening Committee
For more information contact the church office: email email@example.com or phone 602-955-3114
Vaccine Registration Information:
• The registration will include a multi-step verification process to verify your identity for security purposes. It’s important to include an email address that you will be able to check immediately.
• The site is set up so that family members can create an account and register relatives that may need some assistance navigating the site.
• If you have previously registered for unemployment with the Department of Economic Security (DES), you will be required to use the same login information. You can click “Forgot Password” on the site if needed.
• Once you create an account and login, you will be able to make an appointment by selecting a date and time slot for an appointment convenient for you. The State Farm Cardinals Stadium in Glendale is a location offering vaccines 24/7.
• You will be required to show proof of your eligibility for Phase 1B prioritization (e.g. ID for age eligibility, badgeor paystub for essential worker eligibility).
• The vaccine is offered at no-cost and insurance is not a requirement to receive the vaccine, however, if you do have insurance, you will be asked to provide the carrier information for administrative filing. Again, it is completely free to get the vaccine for everyone.
• You will receive a confirmation via email once your appointment is made that includes a QR code for the vaccination site to scan.
• Alternatively, those without computer access or needing extra help registering can call 1-844-542-8201 (or dialing 211 from a local phone number) to make their appointment, although be advised that phone lines are busy.